Updated: Aug 23, 2019
Rockies F5 +0.5 (-130) W
- German Marquez has had the unfortunate luck of being a pitcher for the Rockies and having to pitch half of his starts at Coors Field and as a result you can see his massive splits below.
- With going from the #1 worst park for a pitcher to pitch in to the #5 best I believe that Marquez should be able to flash his dominance against the the pitiful Cardinals who have ranked in the bottom 5 for runs scored in the first 5 innings.
- Marquez splits also favor him in this match up, being much better against righties and the Cardinals only being able to trot out 3 players (Fowler,Wong, and Edman) not known for their power power confirms my interest in this spot.
Rangers/ White Sox o10.5 (-125) L
- The combination of Ariel Jurado's 5.04 SIERA and Ross Detwiler's 4.88 SIERA & 7.33 FIP these are two of the worst pitchers on the slate in the same match up.
- The are two things I would keep an eye on though. Currently winds are blowing left to right at 13-15 MPH!! keep an eye on this if they shift to blowing out mash the over and if they blow in I would be off the play. Secondly, Detwiler sports a 56.3% Ground Ball Rate(Highest on the slate) which is very concerning if the winds start to blow in, but he does own a 14.6 K% which is one of the worst in the league.
Rays F5 -0.5 (-145) L
- Ryan Yarbrough has been absolutely dominant on the road this year (see below) and he gets to face the the lackluster Orioles.